Monday, January 25, 2010

Stained glass lamp shade



I'm attempting to make my first stained glass lampshade. I cut all the glass back when it was still warm weather. I can't even remember when that was, September maybe? I finally started working on it again last week. I spent all week grinding the glass and getting it just so. By Friday evening, the grinding and fitting was complete. Saturday and Sunday I foiled all 20 pieces. Now it's ready for me to begin phase 1 of soldering, which I plan on doing this evening after work. Phase 1 will be assembling each separate panel. Phase 2 will be the challenging part of assembling all the panels together as a shade. It should be interesting!

The above picture is of all the stacked foiled pieces. The final product will be 8 panels. There are two different panels that will be alternated throughout the pattern.





1 comment:

Selita & Craig said...

I bet that is going to be so pretty....can't wait to see the finished product