Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Slowly getting over the stained glass suicide attempt

My first stained glass piece that I ever made attempted suicide last night. It has taken me this long to get over it enough just to be able to post about it. Luckily, it's mostly in tact. It shattered and cracked the glass in a quite a few places. It had about an 8 foot fall onto the arm of the love seat. I had it placed up on the transom above the window.

Stupid us didn't secure it very well but thought it would be ok. It's been up there for about 6 months now. Guess the vibrations on the transom from opening and closing the front door moved it?? I still can't comprehend how/why it fell. All I know is that I learned my lesson about securing my stained glass pieces.






1 comment:

Selita & Craig said...

Your so funny but really Its just heart breaking....you really should make another one - that was too pretty :)