Monday, June 14, 2010

Dually is now legal


Apparently, we have been driving around for two years in Texas with an illegal dually. I was pulled over this weekend because it is Texas state law that all dual wheel vehicles have mud flaps. I was so floored that the truck has passed inspection twice. Funny how laws among states can differ so much that when you move to a new state you have no idea! Oh well, at least I only got a warning. I never realized how huge those mud flaps are. They are bigger than a doormat!! Steve unfortunately had to take all 4 rear wheels off just to install them. But, we are legal now. Just in time, since he left this am for Detroit in my car since it's easier to park at the airport. So, I'll be sporting the dually with it's new mud flaps all week. ha ha!

On an exciting note, I have 3 watermelon growing in my garden!! They are about the size of a softball. I also ate my first successfully home grown tomato in Texas today. The key has been watering EVERY day and organic bug spray. It looks like I CAN grow tomatoes in Texas!!

I also finished up my latest stained glass project that I have not touched since May. We bought an a/c for the garage so that I can now work out there. WOO HOO!! The piece is 'old lucky sun'.

Steve also made progress on the bug. All the rubbers and fenders are now on. The wiring is completed. I think we are going to have a productive summer. Hopefully, by the end of the summer I'll be driving around in the bug instead of the dually :)








1 comment:

Selita & Craig said...

Hopefully by NEXT summer I will be back to my garden...or maybe by fall if Craig's job comes through....sounds like yours is going great! Congrats!