Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Abita beer -the few things I miss about living in Louisiana

We finally found a place that can carry Abita. It's such a strange concept for us to have to go to a liquor store to buy alcohol of any type. In Louisiana you can buy anything in a grocery store. Here in Texas (and most likely the rest of the world) you have to go to a liquor store. Since we've lived here, we've been to one. We went yesterday to get some crown for Christmas and New Year's. I asked the owner if he carried Abita and he said no but I can get it. He said I used to carry it but it would go bad on the shelves because no one here knew what it was. So, while we were there he put in an order for Abita Purple Haze. Woo hoo, I can now have some Abita and not have to drive 12 hours round trip to get it! Of course, he may stop carrying it because a 6 pack will last me a month. But, at least I can always order it.

There are a few things I miss about Louisiana. Number one, the quality of food at restaurants and the numerous options of restaurants. Number two, great sausage. There's no Richard's or Manda here. And, if you want HOT, you can forget it. Their idea of HOT is jalapeƱo. Not the same. Number Three, of course is Abita beer!! But, now I can at least get that. Now, if I could just have Manda's or Richard's sausage and have a Sammy's open up nearby, I'd never get home sick.

Now, I won't go into the things I don't miss because that list is WAY longer than the things I do miss. However, number one is traffic and insufficient infrastructure of roads.

1 comment:

Selita & Craig said...

You talking about Adouille? Cuz if you are, find a central market....THEY carry Andouille.