I know I've made a world record today by the amount of posts in one day for me. Anyway, I just had to make a special note. I just realized that yesterday was the mark of 6 years that my dad has passed away. It's amazing how those things get easier with time. I really can't believe it's been that long. But, as I reflect back at my life at that time, I am so happy to be where I am. I have grown tremendously since then and have been truly blessed. It's amazing what can happen in 6 years.
Yesterday, was a great day for me. I was full of joy. I didn't even realize the date until today. I really think Dad doesn't want me to mourn over him anymore. I'm trying to celebrate life these days! I miss talking to my dad and hearing his "Tick" (thick) Cajun accent. We miss you dad but glad you are no longer suffering.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You know, I didn't realize the date either.. but the day before, I kept seeing yellow butterflies all around me.. and I remember after his funeral when me and mom were driving home, we kept seeing yellow butterflies. I haven't thought about that date for a while and its funny how simple things remind us of him and keep his spirit alive :)
Post a Comment